Thursday, November 14, 2013

Counting Minute Details



 
Counting
Minute Details


I spent the morning
In soul-connection with a dear friend
And when she retired to dream sweet dreams
I wandered, as I do
 
…  the day was streaky gray
Misting rain clearing to mist again
It was a day for strong fragrant coffee
Something with more substance
Than my instant espresso-
- sounds like an oxymoron - instant espresso, heh heh…
 
Simple pleasures… great coffee with great service
To be greeted by name and asked ‘your usual?’

I watched the inevitable flow
Of human traffic
Drifters
Wanderers and window shoppers
Watch- watchers who believe Time
Is merely mechanical-
Cogs in a machine…
 
Coffee smelt comforting this morning
Satisfying
Overhead mid-morning thunder grumbled
Vibrating the Earth…

The café began to fill and so I took my leave
crossing the main street to the park and the beach beyond…
… grey waves attempted to pull under
Fifty or so year 12 graduates
All swimming in full school uniform-
- a tradition ‘round these parts…
And so I didn’t linger
Venturing further afield
 
To where the coastal bush
Grew right up to the sand dunes…
… I wandered meandering paths
Pausing to breathe and take in the minuet details-
- brown butterflies and wagtails
Native blossoms, nuts and seedpods…
Rain drizzled on and off
Thunder an occasional voice in the distance
And I walked on…
 
All paths lead to the beach around here
And that is where I ended up
In 50 shades of grey (heh heh heh) the waves pounded the pale sand
So deserted we could have married heaven and hell
And none would be the wiser…
 only the tumbling surf and rumbling thunder;
*
 
A solitary sandpiper looked at me with timid curiosity
Perhaps wondering why this human
Was sitting on a rock in the rain…
…  but I think he knew
There is Magyk in every moment
If we believe in it.
*
Peace Love & Inspiration to All
Photos, Thoughts & Video - SharonleeGoodhand©14-Nov-13






*


No comments:

Post a Comment